Friday, February 13, 2009

New Mobile for Maren

I have been looking for a mobile for Maren's room for awhile now. She is getting more curious each day and loves looking at everything, but I didn't want to buy something that was too "baby." I considered ordering this, but came up with hanging paper lanterns instead. I bought some lanterns for Chris's birthday party about six years ago and had them packed away in the basement. I was inspired by some pictures of nurseries online (see below) and got creative. (I still like the bunny mobile and might get it eventually, but for now I will stick with my thrifty creation.)

3 comments:

carilarkins said...

Annie has the same paper lanterns hanging in her room--in pink and white. I bet Maren loves looking at them. That was a good idea.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Love the paper lanterns! I have a bunch in my classroom and my third graders love them too.

liz said...

love that idea!