Sunday, March 4, 2012

Saturday morning/lip balm

Saturday morning usually involve Chris waking up early with Maren to make pancakes, waffles or french toast and letting mom sleep in.  Until just recently, Maren would usually wake me up every mornings by yelling from her bed, "MAMA!  OOOOHHHH, MAMA!" until I would stumble into her room and climb into her bed.  She's finally realized that she can come to me in the mornings!  Hurray!  I can stay in my warm bed and she crawls into my bed for morning cuddles and a little Frog and Toad.


 Maren and I made some lip balm today.  I took me two weeks just to gather all the ingredients and containers, but I am happy with the end result.  I used SouleMama's Peppermint Lip Balm recipe.  (Mine didn't turn out very "pepper-minty," but still good.)  I found these little Nalgene containers at REI in 1 and .25 fl oz. sizes.  The recipe yielded a larger batch than I anticipated and I ran out of containers so I ended up using my mom's tiny pottery bowls (as you can see below) which are cute in my bathroom.   I also discovered these new Martha Stewart labels at Staples.


No comments: