Monday, October 27, 2008

Peace Like a River by Leif Enger

In another effort to organize a family book club, my mom has chosen Peace Like a River. I don't know anything about this book, but I've heard good things. I do know the title was taken from the hymn "It is Well with My Soul" by Horatio Spafford. This is only the first verse and I've never actually heard the song, but I think it sounds pretty (it's a great message, anyway):

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

2 comments:

Jenna Holm said...

For me, this book was rough to get into... but it pays off to stick with it. Very interesting story- I think you will enjoy it. Happy reading!

Beth said...

I am about 3/4 of the way done with this book and I love it! I really like the style of writing... Enjoy!!!