Friday, April 17, 2009

BYU Museum of Art

A neighbor recommended seeing the Walter Wick exhibition at the BYU Museum of Art, so Maren and I stopped in on our way to meet Chris. Walter Wick is the author of the well-known I Spy children's books and the exhibit included large photographs and models. It was so cool! My favorite was the "Once Upon a Time" series.
There was also a Dan Steinhilber exhibition, with art using mundane mediums such as dry-cleaner hangers (my fave), garbage bags, and duck sauce packets. Crazy! You can see images of his work here.
The exhibits are free and totally worth your time!

3 comments:

Leah said...

That looks awesome. I want to take Ally when I'm up next!

carilarkins said...

I noticed it runs through August. Annie wants to go when we're in town. We're big I Spy fans.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

My third graders would LOVE that exhibit. Wish it were closer. They always try to sneak I Spy books during silent reading time. I always feel awful telling them they have to read words. Those books are so fun.