Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bean Museum

One of Maren's favorite places to visit is the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum on BYU's campus. On Monday, we took a short trip for FHE. She runs around pointing to all the animals and makes indistinguishable noises. During a previous visit in January, The Reptile Show was taking place and Maren was lucky enough to pet a snake, turtle, and blue-tongued lizard. Pretty exciting! I think my favorite exhibit is the big butterfly collage. This picture doesn't do it justice.

Another exciting event this week was my little brother's entrance into the MTC. He will be serving in the Columbia, South Carolina Mission (not too far from where we might end up). During my first year teaching, Garrett was actually a student in one of my Junior English classes. I felt really bad that he had to be in my class because, let's face it, how humiliating would it be to have your older sister as a high school teacher? (And he really had no choice, since I was the ONLY 11th grade English teacher in the school.) So, I did my best throughout the year to keep our little secret, but somehow other students found out. I was always impressed that my little brother was so cool about it and never let on that he was embarrassed. He was always such a good student and very respectful. I am very proud of all the wise choices he has made in his life...he is a great example.
All the teachers wear robes at graduation, if you were wondering.

No comments: