Friday, November 12, 2010

pumpkin pancakes

At least once a week, Maren and I make pumpkin pancakes. She's finally getting big enough to start helping in the kitchen (and I mean that...she set the table for dinner). The pancakes are a great fall tradition.

Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/4 cups flour (I usually substitute in a little whole wheat)
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch ground clover
1 egg
6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (I like to add extra)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup milk
chocolate chips (optional)

Whisk all dry ingredients in medium bowl. In separate bowl mix egg, pumpkin, butter and milk; fold into dry ingredients. Heat in buttered skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup for each pancake. Add a couple of chocolate chips if you want. Cook about 3 minutes per side. We like ours served with a little butter and honey.

2 comments:

Greg and Leigh said...

I Can't believe you put the Choc chips as optional. I think it actually requires a full bag of choc chips.
leigh and I make these on Halloween morning every year. Nothing like having a pumpkin "cookie" for breakfast.

When are you guys coming out.

Greg and Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.