Monday, November 1, 2010

what i found

So, I have been doing a little thrifting and antiquing lately, attempting to find all the good stores. And I have been successful in finding a couple of great shops in the area. 1. baby patchwork quilt for $1.50. i'm not usually looking for old quilts but i couldn't resist this one...i love the fabric and the price was right. 2. chair for $5. had super ugly cushion attached but it came off pretty easily...thinking I will paint it black. 3. antique doll crib which I intend to paint (blue?) for Maren's birthday and vintage floral prints. took pics apart to clean and prints are very brittle...don't know if I should salvage frames or find new ones 4. sets of vintage dishes. a lot of my little ikea plates broke in move so I have been on the lookout for new (old) ones. found a few at antique stores but couldn't bring myself to pay $6 plus for a plate that Maren is sure to break. $2 for a set of six is a little more reasonable right now.
Maren has been sick. Darn! Chris and I both had our turn, so I guess she was next. After being cooped up all day, we finally bundled up at play outside. I found these crocodile creek balls half off a while ago and she loves to play "kick the ball."

3 comments:

carl&judiefamily blog said...

We love your blog. Please keep it up so we can keep up on you guys.
gma & gpa N.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Love that you're updating so often! wish you guys were coming out for Christmas. I love Maren's wool jumper. Is it sad that I would wear that too? I think it's darling.

Leah said...

Holy blog update heaven. I just sat down to update my Mr. Blog and decided to stop by! I love it. Maren is looking so grown up! It's kinda sad. Let me know how the soap goes. That's right up my alley.