Sunday, December 12, 2010

it's a pillow pet!



If you are a parent of young children, I'm sure you know all about pillow pets. Maren really wants one. One day after her nap, Chris let her watch a little television while he was getting some work done. The commercial came on and from the other room Chris heard Maren mumble to herself, "I wanna pillow pet." Well, I am not exactly in love with them so I decided to create my own version of the pillow pet for Christmas. I found a cute turtle pattern from Bend the Rules Sewing and just enlarged it by a lot. It was really easy and cost me nothing, since I only used fabric I had on hand. I guess it doesn't look anything like the real pillow pets, but Maren will still use it as a pillow when she is watching TV or reading. I have to say, It's really nice to have a two-year-old during birthdays and Christmas. She doesn't know any better so my inexpensive, homemade gifts are exciting for her.



P.S. Christmas came early for me...I found my wedding ring! Maren put it in my freezer paper roll that I use for making patterns. Our little monkey just loves hiding things. Chris and I had been out looking at new rings the day before and even found one we like, but decided to wait on the purchase just in case. I kept thinking to myself, "One of these days I will find it when I least expect it." And I was right.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love it!!!

Jen Bird said...

I love your version of a pillow pet!! My girl's are dying to get one...in fact they sing that song all day!! I don't love them either!! But I love your version...you may have just inspired me!! You have such cute taste!

Unknown said...

I have received a request to make this little turtle for my grandson, do you know where I can get a pattern?
Gramma