Friday, February 4, 2011

A Mermaid named Maren

Disney Princess Polly Pockets are a favorite around here. Little Mermaid is queen of the bunch and lately Maren has a little obsession with all things mermaid. It's one of those few toys that gets played with every day...and taken in the car and in the bath and to bed. And most nights before bed, Maren requests the story "Mermaid named Maren" which goes something like this...

Mom: Once upon a time there was a little mermaid.
Maren (whispering while tightly closing her eyes): Named May (Maren)
Mom: And she lived in the sea with her mommy and daddy. She had a little friend name...
Maren: Flowher (Flounder)
Mom: Maren Mermaid and Flounder liked to explore and find treasures.
Maren: fork
Mom: And then mermaid swims to her little bed under the sea and falls asleep. The End.
Maren: More. More stories.

Getting her beauty rest.

(Speaking of The Little Mermaid, Chris likes to make me laugh by misquoting King Triton, "I consider myself to be a reasonable Mormon.")

1 comment:

Leah said...

She reminds me SO much of Ally. Good luck! Just kidding. I miss you guys. As soon as Colby gets a job I am planning my trip out there. I'm excited!!! How's the new place?