Friday, February 11, 2011

painting

One of my favorite things about motherhood is "getting to know" my daughter. As Maren grows, I have fun discovering what she loves and what she doesn't seem to care for. Maren is very creative and social and prefers doing things like building a fort out of sofa cushions, role playing with salt and pepper shakers while we wait for our meal at a restaurant, making a mess with me in the kitchen, or dancing to Spanish polka music in her room. I am learning that a new toy doesn't always entertain her as well as some of the simple objects around the house or, even better, mom's attention. Tonight, we dug out all the paint supplies (which we haven't done in a while) and had fun making a mess.



1 comment:

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

You are an awesome mom!!! So much fun! Hope you guys are enjoying your new place.