Tuesday, March 29, 2011

garden box


Even though our "backyard" basically consists of a large balcony, we are making plans for our own garden this year. Chris has taken the past two weekends to build a big garden box and we will also add some large pots for tomatoes. Now we just need to decide and plan which veggies to plant. Yesterday, I asked Maren if she wanted to visit the nursery with me. I obviously hadn't thought through that question. Maren is familiar with one kind of nursery - the one on Sunday with a room full of bawling two-year-olds - and she doesn't much care for it. She replied with a terse, "No, mama."

Anyway, with any luck I will be posting additional photos in the coming months of healthy, green foliage spilling over the tops of our box.

1 comment:

the harrisons said...

I am very impressed with your planter box! It looks great in these pictures, but looked amazing in person. We had such a great time with y'all and hope you come to visit SOON!