Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June Gardening

I am excited to report on our not-so-little-anymore garden. Besides the two cucumber plants the birds ate and the peppers I killed with my "natural" aphid repellant (the aphids never came back...so it kind of worked) everything is healthy. My third tomato is turning red as I write this, and I made a salad the other day with produce only from the garden! My husband, the inventor, came up with a watering system so I don't have to make 20 trips to the kitchen sink each day. Chris and I are both a little surprised at how much we enjoy this new hobby.






2 comments:

Liz R. said...

one year you will have to grow a pumpkin. you daughter will love it. it grows so fast that visually it is easy to see the change each day.

Grandma Nancy said...

Hey guys, I am totally impressed with the garden. I have yet to plant my tomatoes and pumpkins.