Thursday, June 9, 2011

National Zoo


Tuesday, we spent a (very long and exhausting) day at the National Zoo. I wanted to take the Metro to see if I could figure it out on my own and I discovered something...it is so much less trouble to just drive, especially when you have a two-year-old. I took the Metro once with Chris last year and somehow I forgot. It took twice as long to get downtown. The zoo is a lot of walking around in hot, humid weather and at the end of the day I just wanted to sit down and cry at the thought of having to walk to the metro station and ride the train (which includes a transfer) and then drive home. But enough complaining...

On the bright side, we got to see some great animals. Three elephants, a panda, ten lions, a tiger, and as Maren will tell you, "A monkey eating lettuce" (an orangutan). I even caved and bought her an $8 stuffed penguin (mostly out of guilt for dragging her around all day.) She named it Pingu.


Look closely and you'll see a turtle.

Hurray for misters!


Following the elephant footprints...

1 comment:

carilarkins said...

You are so brave. I am still nervous about the Metro. I got tired just reading about your adventure and knowing how humid it's been this week. You're great for getting out and being so adventurous.