Friday, January 9, 2009

Grandma's Dresses

Well, I finally (almost) finished my "Grandma's Dresses" quilt for Maren! (Read about the REAL Grandma's Dresses quilt here...kind of a cute idea!) I still have to bind it, but thanks to Maren's longer naps these last few days I finished machine quilting the top today. I am a huge fan of Denyse Schmidt and found a picture of one of her custom quilts online, and I fell in love with it. One thing I love about DS Quilts is the simplicity...which in turn makes most of her quilts pretty easy to copy. I also love the colors! Sometimes I feel a little bombarded with PINK so the yellow and green is a nice, cheerful alternative (especially in dreary January). There are some obvious mistakes. I am still trying to figure out how to NOT bunch the fabric when machine quilting, but overall I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
And here is a little peak into M's room. The crib is a hand-me-down from Aunt Cari and we found the changing table at Down East (a Pottery Barn Second).

...and I highly recommend this book!

2 comments:

Beth said...

So cute! And I hear you about the pink overload! :) The yellow and green are perfect! Hope all is well.

liz said...

oh my goodness! what a sweet idea! i've never made a quilt. i've have fabric for one for carson. but. he's turning 2 this month. hmm...

thanks for the great idea. i need to call my grandma!

you can check out my family blog at:
therobbiereesefamily.blogspot.com

i bet chris found out blog from facebook ; )

good to hear from you. i LOVE your little girls room!

Liz