Saturday, January 24, 2009

Maren's 8 Week Update

Eight weeks have flown by and Maren is getting cuter each day (which I didn't think possible when she first arrived). She is incredibly ALERT and is fascinated by everything in this new world. She has been "talking" like crazy and gets all worked up when she wants to say something. Her little body wiggles around like she's storing up energy and then she babbles a big mouth-full. Maren has discovered her hand and apparently is tastes great. She is also realizing she only likes to sleep in Mom's arms and quickly wakes up if I try to put her in her crib. At times I worry I'm teaching her bad sleep habits, but mostly I don't care and just want to cuddle her while I can...we'll worry about the rest when she's a bit older. You'd be amazed at how many things I can do holding a baby. Happily, blogging is a one-arm activity (unlike a lot of housework and cooking). Mom and Dad are definitely smitten and still can't believe they get to keep her!

2 comments:

Chad said...

You have a beautiful baby. I think she takes after her grandpa Nielson. But we think her hair will grow in someday. Unlike grandpa's.
Love,
G and G

Lilies and Lace said...

She is stinkin cute! How is the fussiness coming? Found anything that works yet? I love to read your site and see what a real blog is like. I am woefully lacking in focus and ability when it comes to blogging. Hope you are doing good!