Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Do what you can...


Today, I was inspired by this quote from Theodore Roosevelt:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

So many times I find myself wishing for another set of circumstances ("life will be perfect when..."). When I take a step back, I realize life is wonderful right now. I tend to go through the same cycle: make life too complicated, get frustrated and yearn for something simpler, make necessary changes, slowly slip back into my old habits, repeat. Well, as I am starting to yearn for more simplicity I have taken a little inspiration from a few books I am reading, including Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule. It is filled with simple, thrifty ideas for the home. I have already planned a few Christmas gifts for Chris and Maren. Along these same lines, I came across a new consignment shop today and found this little wool jumper with a matching coat for Maren. I am pretty excited! I have been on the search for a new winter dress but haven't found anything I like or that I feel is affordable.


I also found this little vest for a few dollars and thought it would be perfect for the fall.

1 comment:

carilarkins said...

I finally logged on to read your blog. Please keep it up. The pictures are so great! I'd also like to order a shirt in my size in those same colors. Thank you.