Monday, October 25, 2010

I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV.

Today I started a self-imposed "NO TV Week" which, so far, has turned out to be "Less TV Week." I've been having a lot of mom guilt over how much I put Maren in front of the box and last week I was sick so I feel it is getting a little out of control. We did really great until this evening (my weak point since I am at my laziest that time of day) and I caved and let Maren watch Wow, Wow Wubbzy. Tomorrow will be better. To quote Homer Simpson again:
"You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on."
In other news, Maren and I enjoyed a delicious breakfast of button soup with a side of rock cookies. Yum! Of of her favorite past times is making "soup" with whatever small trinkets she can get her hands on.
As most of you know, Maren's 2nd birthday is sneaking up on us so I have been starting to think a little about potty training. I stopped by Target to pick up a few things and saw a pack of training underwear so I bought them. While we were playing on the deck today, she got water everywhere and wanted to strip down so I decided to put her in the new undies. Besides their too-large size, she seemed to like them until...
she realized how easy they are to take off. P.S. Thank you Gma and Gpa for the cute hula ensemble. Maren especially loves the "beads." (And mom especially loves the chocolates.) When we saw the package on the porch I said, "Oh, Maren! The mailman brought us a surprise! To which she responded, "A kitty?!"

No comments: