Tuesday, October 26, 2010

sewing shirts, petting animals, painting toes

Last night I stayed up a little too late attempting to sew this lap neck tee shirt for Maren. I came across some instructions at this site and thought it was a cute idea. Well, as you can see from the photo there are some obvious problems. For the first time in my life I was wishing I has a serger. I haven't given up yet. I am considering these two Oliver + S patterns and I'm also on the lookout for a "real" lapneck tee shirt pattern (I think the style is really cute and I do actually like the colors I picked).

Maren and I also visited the Animal Park/Pumpkinville this afternoon...



And I promised Maren yesterday that I would paint her toenails. When I asked her what color polish we should buy, she kept suggesting blue, green and brown. I convinced her that pink was a better option.

2 comments:

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Maren is darling! I can't believe how old she is. Thanks for all the pictures. We always check on you guys and hope you're doing well. We're coming out to Baltimore this weekend so hopefully we'll talk with you or even see you if we're lucky.

Liz R. said...

was your blog private and then not now? all of a sudden you popped up in my google reader. so glad to catch up on you guys! maren is a doll and hooray for chris graduating!

i have the oliver +s sailboat top and love love it. it's super easy. sew the skirt in a bigger size than you measure because it is short.

also - i remember you made a grandma quilt w/ shirt from your gma. my grandma died and when i went to her funeral i grabbed a bunch of shirts from her closet. some are thin. how did you deal w/ this problem if you had to? they are all 100% cotton. did you just iron on interfacing??

thanks!! liz

liz.reese@me.com