Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolve

Happy New Year! I loved our trip back to Utah but was happy to come home. I get excited each New Year and the opportunity to make new goals. This year, I resolve to...
1. Read the New Testament with The Life and Teachings of Jesus and His Apostles.
2. Drink a green smoothie every day.
3. Produce less trash. (No Impact Man and The Zero Waste Home, though both a little too extreme for me, were inspirational to this goal.) This resolution is more than just throwing away less. Making less garbage means buying less, making do, eating healthier, cleaning with more natural ingredients, learning new skills, and the list goes on... My plan is to eventually throw away only one kitchen trash bag each week (maybe less).

Good luck to me!

1 comment:

The Kroebers said...

I love your goals. I am going towards more of a simplified life as well. It's kind of weird that I'm interested in those kinds of things lately. I even started using cloth diapers. I feel kind of weird about it sometimes but it's working out well for us.

I checked out that green smoothie girl and saw that she's doing a demonstration in Orem in two weeks that I'm going to go to. Thanks for letting me know about her. I'm interested in what she has to say.