Monday, January 31, 2011

Terrariums

"Having nature close has made all the difference. It has colored and calmed my life throughout the most difficult times. Nature has an uncanny ability to spread tranquility wherever it reigns. No matter where you dwell, no matter what you do, there's something about plants and nature that is relaxing."
-Tovah Martin, The New Terrarium

I have wanted to build a terrarium for a while now, probably since I saw Martha do it. I figure the dead of winter would be a good time to start and would add a little life to the house. Mine is a little over a week old and seems to need no attention. (My kinda plant.) I didn't really follow any directions; I didn't buy charcoal or moss and I just picked plants at Home Depot that all required similar water and light needs. Time will tell if my creation survives. Either way, I like seeing my triceratops family eating their lunch.



Need a little inspiration? Visit:

CBS Sunday Morning

Martha Stewart
Two Straight Lines
The New Terrarium

1 comment:

Liz R. said...

love the idea! thanks for the links. wish we lived closer! i think we'd be great friends ;)